What is SASSA and How Can It Help You?
The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) is a government agency that provides social assistance to vulnerable South Africans. SASSA offers a variety of grants, including the Child Support Grant, the Older Persons Grant, and the Disability Grant.
What is SASSA?
SASSA was established in 2004 by the Social Assistance Act, 2004. The agency’s mission is to “provide social assistance to vulnerable South Africans in an efficient, effective, and sustainable manner.”
How Can SASSA Help You?
SASSA can help you if you are:
- A child under the age of 18
- An older person (60 years or older)
- A person with a disability
- Unemployed and looking for work
- A carer for a child or older person
How to Apply for SASSA Grants
To apply for a SASSA grant, you must:
- Be a South African citizen or permanent resident
- Meet the income and asset requirements
- Complete an application form
RECOMMENDED: ⇒ How To Track Your R350 Grant Application
SASSA is a valuable resource for vulnerable South Africans. If you are struggling to make ends meet, SASSA may be able to help you. To learn more about SASSA and its services, please visit the SASSA website.