The Department of Health is hiring suitably qualified applicants to submit applications for the job vacancy: CLEANER.
About the Department of Health Cleaner job vacancy
The Department of Health is the executive department of the national government that is assigned to oversee healthcare in South Africa.
Healthcare in South Africa is administered by the Department of Health. However, South Africa does not have a system of universal healthcare. Instead, it has two parallel systems. A private healthcare system and a public healthcare system operate in tandem with one another.
Minimum educational qualification: Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
Experience: Appropriate knowledge and experience in cleaning and waste management.
Inherent requirements of the job: Valid Code B/EB driver’s license. Ability to communicate in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape. Physically ability to lift heavy objects.
Competencies (knowledge/skills): Literacy and numeracy skills. Good communication skills. Knowledge of collection of waste, waste handling, waste segregation, and waste disposal. Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety and Infection Control policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a clean, safe, and hygienic environment in terms of standards and procedures to prevent the spread of infection and injuries which includes sweeping, scrubbing, mopping floors, dusting, emptying bins, and cleaning windows.
- Ensure that cleaning equipment, e.g., polishing and scrubbing machines, mops, brooms, and buckets are clean after use and securely stored.
- Provide a support service to nursing and all wards in the collection, handling, segregation and disposal of various waste products at Karl Bremer Hospital.
- Correct handling and disposal of waste and medical waste. Daily transportation of general and medical waste using waste trolleys.
- Ensuring safe storage of waste containers and keeping an inventory of waste containers in a lockable storeroom. Assist with transportation of waste with vehicles when required and provide general support to supervisor.
How to Apply for the Department of Health Cleaner Job Vacancy
SALARY: R125 373 per annum
CENTRE : Valkenberg Hospital
Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to Karl Bremer Hospital Nurses Home, 1st Floor, c/o Frans Conradie and Mike Pienaar Boulevard, Bellville, 7535.
Mr C Rhodes Tel No: (021) 918-1976