We are all aware that Canada is one of the most popular places in the States. Meanwhile, the University of Toronto is arguably one of the most prestigious universities there. But, have you ever wished to know about the University of Toronto Scholarships and application process? Obviously yes because that is why you are right on this page today.
We have quite a good number of scholarship program in this University but the most requested once will be discussed today. So check them out below.
Lester Pearson B Scholarship for International at the University of Toronto
Pearson Fellows are students who have shown that they are exceptionally creative and have academic records. They have also been accepted as leaders within their school and possess the ability to contribute to the global community in the future.
These fellows can be distinguished from other students who may have equally high academic results due to their interest in other fields like leadership. About 37 Lester B. Pearson Fellows will be chosen annually.
The scholarships will cover books, unexpected fees, tuition, and full residency support for four years. Meanwhile, it is only sustainable at the University of Toronto.
Let’s look at some eligibility criteria for this scholarship. These are what to consider before thinking about the application process. See them below;
- You must be an international student who has a non-Canadian study permit.
- Have a strong leadership skills and be willing to learn.
- You must be in your final year or just graduated not earlier than June 2019.
- You must be committed to the school and the community.
- You must be a high achiever in your academic and creative pursuits.
- If you have enrolled for another university course that is different from the University of Toronto, you cannot apply.
- You must be creative and be a great thinker.
For you to become a member of Pearson, you must have been nominated by your high school and also applied for the undergraduate program at the University of Toronto.
You can request this nomination from your school guidance counselor. Once you have been nominated and applied to the University of Toronto, then you can receive a personalized and secure link with the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Application.
The steps to take has been highlighted below;
- Get nominated by your secondary scholarship.
- After you have been nominated, you can apply to participate in the program.
- Once we have received an application and you have successfully applied to the university, you can then complete the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application online.
NOTE: The application page is currently closed and will reopen at the beginning of September. Meanwhile, you can apply at https://future.utoronto.ca/apply/applying to start your studies in 2024 and complete your admission application within the allotted time.
University of Toronto Financial Aid Program
Here is another opportunity that you wouldn’t want to miss. The University of Toronto Financial Aid (UTAPS) aims to provide financial support to a full-time student of the University of Toronto.
Meanwhile, this assistant doesn’t overall the University expenses but will surely go a long way in easing your financial burden in school.
The worth of this financial aid program is not constant as it depends on the needs of the student applying for it.
It is really important that you go through the eligibility criteria so that you don’t end up applying for the wrong one.
- You must be a permanent citizen of Canada before you can apply.
- You should be registered in a full-time courseload depending on the OSAP requirements.
- Have received government student aid from OSAP or its related.
- You must have applied for an eligible program at the university.
- International students and part-time students are not eligible for this program.
For you to apply for this program, you should visit the Financial Aid/ UTAPS Online Estimator site. This will help you grade how eligible you are for this fund.
Meanwhile, if you are a student who is applying for admission to a program that admits students directly from secondary school. You can also use the website stated earlier.
You should know that the information that you entered in the UTAPS Online Estimator will be used to determine how eligible you are for the program.
The deadline and application date is not available yet but should be announced by mid-September.
Work-Study Program at the University of Toronto
The University of Toronto has created an opportunity for over 3,500 students to participate in the Work-Study Program annually. It is opened twice yearly.
This program allows you to get paid while you study in school. It also increases your knowledge, empowers you, and exposes you to a lot of career possibilities. An interesting thing is that all the Work-Study positions are endorsed by CCR.
Value of this Program
- You get paid while you work – This is something most students have always longed for, so this is a great opportunity.
- It provides you with working experience ahead of your graduation – Your working experience after graduation would have been made stressless with this.
For you to access other information like program dates, hours and rate of pay, student eligibility, and others. You need to log in through CLNx.utoronto.ca.
Conclusion – University of Toronto Scholarships and Application
There are other scholarships, fellowships, and programs in the University of Toronto that will be discussed on this platform. Therefore, you should keep visiting so that you don’t miss out.
We discovered that there are other people in search of the University of Toronto Scholarships and applications. You can allow this to get to them faster by using the social share buttons.